Adventures in Babysitting
Funny things St. said on Wednesday:
1)
Me: Wow, why does Venom [Spiderman villain] have such big hands?
St.: Because he ate lots of fruits and vegetables.
2)
Me: Isn't Matthew one of your friends at school [Na. has mentioned him a few times to me]?
St.: There's two Matthews--one brown one and one my color.
I also had to unfortunately give Be. my first ever "time out." Place: M&L's playground. Time: 11:40-11:50am. Game: Dragon (me) vs. Knight (St.) and Piderman (Be.). Situation: Knight and Piderman are attempting to put out the fire on Dragon's arm by throwing bark (water) on it. Things start to get out of hand when Be. starts throwing the bark on my pants, shirt, face, etc.
Me: Please don't throw bark on Auntie.
Be. keeps throwing, smiling.
Me: Be., please don't throw bark on Auntie.
Be. keeps throwing, smiling.
Me: Be., please don't throw bark on Auntie.
Be. keeps throwing, smiling.
Me: Be., what did Auntie say?
Be. throws bark even harder, smiling.
Me: Hey, Be., that hurts! Stop throwing the bark. What did Auntie say?
I hold his hands together, he keeps smiling.
Me: What did Auntie say?
St: "Stop throwing bark at me."
Me: Be., I want you to say sorry to Auntie.
Be. keeps smiling, silent.
Me: Be., I said I want you to say sorry to Auntie for throwing bark.
Be. keeps smiling.
Me: Be., why won't you say sorry?
Be. keeps smiling.
Me: Be., say, "Sorry Auntie for throwing the bark."
Etc.
Me: Say, "Sorry Auntie for throwing the bark."
Etc.
Me: Say, "Sorry Auntie I did not obey."
Etc.
Me: Say, "Sorry Auntie I did not obey."
St.: Sorry Auntie I did not obey.
Me: Be., say sorry.
Be. smiling: "Sah Ehntee"
Me: "I did not obey."
Be. keeps smiling.
Me: No, I want you to say, "Sorry Auntie, I did not obey."
Be. keeps smiling.
I pick up Be. and say: We're going inside, Bennett. Do you know why?
Be. keeps smiling.
St.: Sometimes my mom and dad give Be. a time out in Em.'s room for a long time.
Me: Okay Be., you're getting a time out.
I whisk him into Em.'s room and turn on Scooby for St. I return about 15 minutes later after M&L come home and find Be. playing with Em.'s toys, completely unrepentant. And what do I do? I scoop up the little zish and give him a million kisses. Why? 'Cause he's the cutest boy in the universe! What a little zish.
-
And for the record, I prophesy that Gr. will become the next great American physicist. Why? 'Cause the boy's so darn curious! For example, today he asked, "How does wood turn into paper?" "How do the propellers make the boat go faster?" "Why do tires have tread on them? What would happen if they were just smooth?" The other week he asked, "Why do I have to straighten my legs when I go upwards on the swing?" Those are pretty advanced questions for a 4 year old, no? He asks on average about 200 questions in the 2.5 hours I hang with him on Thursdays--yup, that's 1+ questions a minute. I wish I could remember an especially entertaining series of questions, but I can't. But yeah, plan on seeing at least one building called Sh. Tower in the future.
1)
Me: Wow, why does Venom [Spiderman villain] have such big hands?
St.: Because he ate lots of fruits and vegetables.
2)
Me: Isn't Matthew one of your friends at school [Na. has mentioned him a few times to me]?
St.: There's two Matthews--one brown one and one my color.
I also had to unfortunately give Be. my first ever "time out." Place: M&L's playground. Time: 11:40-11:50am. Game: Dragon (me) vs. Knight (St.) and Piderman (Be.). Situation: Knight and Piderman are attempting to put out the fire on Dragon's arm by throwing bark (water) on it. Things start to get out of hand when Be. starts throwing the bark on my pants, shirt, face, etc.
Me: Please don't throw bark on Auntie.
Be. keeps throwing, smiling.
Me: Be., please don't throw bark on Auntie.
Be. keeps throwing, smiling.
Me: Be., please don't throw bark on Auntie.
Be. keeps throwing, smiling.
Me: Be., what did Auntie say?
Be. throws bark even harder, smiling.
Me: Hey, Be., that hurts! Stop throwing the bark. What did Auntie say?
I hold his hands together, he keeps smiling.
Me: What did Auntie say?
St: "Stop throwing bark at me."
Me: Be., I want you to say sorry to Auntie.
Be. keeps smiling, silent.
Me: Be., I said I want you to say sorry to Auntie for throwing bark.
Be. keeps smiling.
Me: Be., why won't you say sorry?
Be. keeps smiling.
Me: Be., say, "Sorry Auntie for throwing the bark."
Etc.
Me: Say, "Sorry Auntie for throwing the bark."
Etc.
Me: Say, "Sorry Auntie I did not obey."
Etc.
Me: Say, "Sorry Auntie I did not obey."
St.: Sorry Auntie I did not obey.
Me: Be., say sorry.
Be. smiling: "Sah Ehntee"
Me: "I did not obey."
Be. keeps smiling.
Me: No, I want you to say, "Sorry Auntie, I did not obey."
Be. keeps smiling.
I pick up Be. and say: We're going inside, Bennett. Do you know why?
Be. keeps smiling.
St.: Sometimes my mom and dad give Be. a time out in Em.'s room for a long time.
Me: Okay Be., you're getting a time out.
I whisk him into Em.'s room and turn on Scooby for St. I return about 15 minutes later after M&L come home and find Be. playing with Em.'s toys, completely unrepentant. And what do I do? I scoop up the little zish and give him a million kisses. Why? 'Cause he's the cutest boy in the universe! What a little zish.
-
And for the record, I prophesy that Gr. will become the next great American physicist. Why? 'Cause the boy's so darn curious! For example, today he asked, "How does wood turn into paper?" "How do the propellers make the boat go faster?" "Why do tires have tread on them? What would happen if they were just smooth?" The other week he asked, "Why do I have to straighten my legs when I go upwards on the swing?" Those are pretty advanced questions for a 4 year old, no? He asks on average about 200 questions in the 2.5 hours I hang with him on Thursdays--yup, that's 1+ questions a minute. I wish I could remember an especially entertaining series of questions, but I can't. But yeah, plan on seeing at least one building called Sh. Tower in the future.


1 Comments:
Miriam, I think you need to take yourself off of any public access to your blog. Obviously with the above two posts, these people randomly found your site. I don't know how blogspot works, but I can't believe people are leaving blog spam. On another note, great entry. Keep writing!
Post a Comment
<< Home