Monday, December 11, 2006

Love and Hurry

I found these quotes in a recent letter and wanted to share them with you all:

"The most serious sign of hurry sickness is a diminished capacity to love."

"Love and hurry are fundamentally incompatible. Love always takes time, and time is one thing hurried people don't have."

These quotes are from a book by John Ortberg that one of our missionary friends is reading. I was struck by his words because I have been feeling very hurried lately, mainly because I started my new job, and at the same time running into more and more people I would like to love more. How can I de-hurry my life so that I'm available to love others more? That would be my Christmas prayer request. We visited our old church this past Sunday and I left feeling very burdened. A couple of dear friends seem to be just wiped out / nearing full exhaustion and I wish I could just wave a magic wand to give them more energy and time. I guess that's God's job. We are all so burdened, Lord! Help us with your mighty hand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi miriam. i missed you and decided to visit your blog. i wish i could live inside your head for a day. then i'd come back out so you could tell me all the things that happened inside your head the day after.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the quotes. Miss you, and hope you are doing well, and getting opportunities to slow down in the midst of the chaos. We need the LORD, Amen?

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home