TRIUMPH!
Seek and ye shall find, says the Bible, and after about two months of seeking a job and two months and 16 days on the job, I have found what I had been looking for: A JOB, first and foremost, and more specifically, a job working for and with NICE AND NORMAL PEOPLE! WOOHOO! NO MORE CRAZIES! NO MORE MEANIES! TRIUMPH IN THE HOUSE OF HYUN!!!
It's a close to perfect situation for me right now and I'm so thankful for it and for all you folks who have supported me through my various job identities this year. Lee 0tt asked me on my birthday what the greatest part of year 26 was (I'm now 27) , and I think it was the whole job situation, which I will break down as:
*The House of Lesage is a famed couture (here: fancy clothier) house that does all of the fine handiwork on the most exquisite clothes from the big fashion houses such as Chanel, Lacroix, etc. It used to be independent, but Chanel owns the House now along with other fine couturiers. One of the reasons Chanel ready-to-wear (clothes that you can buy at the store that's not made to measure for you personally [which is technically called "haute couture"--a specific genre of clothing]) is so great is because it makes its clothes with such fine details as done for clothing usually reserved as couture. One more piece of Chanel trivia (added esp. for you, Abby-abba): The reason why the chain plays such a large role in the Chanel brand (the classic Chanel quilted purse w/chain strap, shoes w/chain details, etc.) is because Coco Chanel always sewed a chain into the bottom hem of her jackets so that the jackets would hang better on the body. Now every Chanel jacket or coat has a chain sewn into its bottom hem.
It's a close to perfect situation for me right now and I'm so thankful for it and for all you folks who have supported me through my various job identities this year. Lee 0tt asked me on my birthday what the greatest part of year 26 was (I'm now 27) , and I think it was the whole job situation, which I will break down as:
- Having the space to think about what I wanted to pursue after I quit my graduate program (my old part-time job);
- Having the courage to go after a new realm of possibility (fashion);
- Getting a job in that new realm of possibility (Chanel);
- Realizing that I require respect from my boss and my supervisors to be able to work under them (Chanel);
- Surviving a bout of depression because of #4;
- Getting a new job in fashion that was more to my personal aesthetic taste (the boutique);
- Meeting a really cool and inspiring career woman (the owner of the boutique);
- Being exposed to some really great aesthetic moments at the boutique (to be treated as its own blog, stay tuned);
- Realizing yet again that I require respect from my boss and supervisors to be able to work under them, that I want to work under a boss that wasn't mean and ultimately miserable, that I'm just not a saleswoman, and that I do not want to deal with the unique B.S. of the fashion industry on a day to day basis and thus choose not to have a career in the space;
- Deciding to enjoy fashion as a hobby and avocation;
- Surviving yet another bout of depression after realizing that my boutique boss was verbally abusive and 'cuz I had to go through another round of job search;
- Realizing that administration could be a good place to seek a career, mainly because of my work experience, my relative enjoyment of administrative duties, and the higher possibility of being respected as a person and employee.
MIRIAMHEAD, MY BELOVED, I want you to have a job that is perfectly tailored to how I have made you, tailored better than how I've taught those old European women in the back of Neimans to tailor a Chanel suit; a job where You can receive my love more beautifully, more beautifully than Renee Lew1s can rework those precious stones I help her find on her trips around the world and sell for millions at Barneys; a job more satisfying than putting together that fantastic Marni look I helped you with and having it admired and bought right away by the most beautiful client to wear to one of her charity events. I want to do this so that My rivers of living water can flow out of your life to nourish, refresh, and make all things new for those who are seeking Me--for I am the Lord Your God, and I ROCK!!!HOW GREAT IS THAT?!?! Praise the Lord!
*The House of Lesage is a famed couture (here: fancy clothier) house that does all of the fine handiwork on the most exquisite clothes from the big fashion houses such as Chanel, Lacroix, etc. It used to be independent, but Chanel owns the House now along with other fine couturiers. One of the reasons Chanel ready-to-wear (clothes that you can buy at the store that's not made to measure for you personally [which is technically called "haute couture"--a specific genre of clothing]) is so great is because it makes its clothes with such fine details as done for clothing usually reserved as couture. One more piece of Chanel trivia (added esp. for you, Abby-abba): The reason why the chain plays such a large role in the Chanel brand (the classic Chanel quilted purse w/chain strap, shoes w/chain details, etc.) is because Coco Chanel always sewed a chain into the bottom hem of her jackets so that the jackets would hang better on the body. Now every Chanel jacket or coat has a chain sewn into its bottom hem.

5 Comments:
so glad the job is working out!!!
Awesome news, Miriam! We need to have you guys over or grab a meal together to celebrate!
Mike
praise praise praise the Lord! :)
So happy for you, Miriamhead! Praise the Lord.
It's always nice to have a "year-in-review" list to see the greater picture. Wow! You went through a lot!
Post a Comment
<< Home